Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Peace in the Storm?

Lately I feel like all I've been waiting from the Lord is peace ... peace in this storm that I have created. But today ... I had to ask ... is peace really what the Lord is calling me to right now? Or ... is it something more ferocious ... something more brutal ... something more aggressive than simply peace? I keep thinking of the movie 300 ... of the Spartans determination to FIGHT to be free. They didn't give up when the odds were overwhelming ... and they didn't just sit around wishing for peace or reprieve. They fought ... and fought ... because they knew that their lives ... their freedom depended upon it.

I want peace because peace is easy ... Warfare is not. I want peace because it sounds so beautiful and melodic and heavenly. However beautiful wishing for peace is ... one can't declare peace or truce in the middle of a war ... that isn't for a soldier to decide. It isn't for me to decide. The enemy has no interest in peace ... only destruction and I have this sense in my heart that it's way way too early for me to be asking God for peace talks in my life. I have been longing in the enemy camp too long and any escape from captivity requires aggression ... resolve ... determination ... pro-activity ... not rest ... not yet.

I want peace because I am tired ... but ... somehow ... I think God is in a warring mode.

3 comments:

Hbomb said...

Just know you are not in this battle alone. When you get weary, there is someone there to cover your back. When you have a momentary laps of insanity, someone will be there to slap you back to reality LOL...Love ya!

John F said...

Waxie,

Sean Connery said in the movie "First Knight", "There is a peace that can only be found on the other side of war." God wants you to have peace but you are going to have to fight to get it. Only way to get it, is with victory!
You have to fight to get it and keep it. LOVE YA MEAN IT!!!!

Kevin Thomasson said...

Johnny can help me on this since he is the history guy. The pax romana, the long history of peace in the Roman empire was attained through decades of war. Our fight can never end until God declares the ultimate peace. Like I've heard many times..."You can rest when you're dead!"
Thanks for sharing C