Monday, April 23, 2007

Just rambling ...

So it looks like we might actually get some time off tommorrow ... I am trying not to get too excited because we don't know the particulars yet but ... I'm hopeful ... especially since the cats are in a full blown insurrection at the house ... they have taken over completely and I'm pretty sure they are about to demand a password before they let us back in!

Today I went over to visit them and work on some finances and I walked into a house blanketed with the lovely view of shredded papertowels that I had thoughtlessly left out over the weekend. Of course they also found some more pictures to chew on ... what IS it about cats and chewing on pictures? They also have unplugged all sorts of stuff from the back of our home computer and I tell you, I can't figure out WHERE in the world they are finding all of my old socks to pull out and drag around the house. Fortunately, Nicolai hasn't really gotten good and mad yet because the water tank/dish was still upright and normally he goes ahead and expresses his considerable displeasure by toppling that over onto the big food bowl, thereby obstructing everyone's eating schedule and ensuring they are all extra grumpy and giving me really annoyed looks when I go home! They miss us and we miss them so I am glad to have the prospect of going home for a few days. YAH!!!

Today Rich took his first jujitsu class and it was really neat ... of course I went and warmed a seat! (Hey, I'm doing my part here!) It was a cool place and his sensei seems like a really neat guy. He definitely seems to be strong in his faith and I really hope that turns out to be true. As much as I hate to say it ... I so don't want to meet another impressive younger man who seems to be all about the Lord but it turns out to be just words. I have had it with that ... surely there are Godly Pastors and men who are younger than 50 years old! ~soft laugh! What I mean to say is ... Juan was a man's man ... in every sense of the word and he really inspired the young men in our church ... but then ... well ... anyways ... I am hopeful but I realize that no one is perfect. He is a professing Christian and he wasn't ashamed to speak about it with Rich and I right away so I am trying to remember Johnny's statement from yesturday about taking people where they are at ... and not being too critical. I guess I just don't want another -leader- to burn us in some way.

Anyways ... the class was great and as I said, his sensei seemed cool. He asked me if I was going to join them and I was like ... "are you nuts!???" but He told Rich ... "We'll get her out here with us eventually!" ... I have to think ... THAT will be a MIRACLE! They were rolling around on the floor ... grappling and huffing and puffing and doing all this stuff and I'm thinking ... there's no way I could do that mess! ~laughing! At this point I'm just glad Rich is so happy and I am happy to be a cheerleader for now!

I am scheduled to get my new tatoo in about 10 days ... on the 3rd ... so if anyone is going to try to talk me out of it ... now's the time! I am getting a Japanese woman on my right thigh to go with my mermaid which is on my left. Yeah yeah ... not ya'll's thing ... I know ... but I'm excited about it. Well ... not the pain part ... BUT ... I am excited about the tat.

I think I'm going to get to see J & H when I go down to the beach in a few weeks to see my parents. Rich is flying up to see his mom and dad and I am not made for flight sooooo I'm going to the beach with my parents. My mom needs a lot more help with my daddy now that his alzheimer's is really kicking so I think she is really happy that I'm coming down. It gets stressful around them some now ... they are so much older and set in their ways ... it gets hard to have to always make sure we do things a certain way with them but ... in the end ... I am thankful for this time with my daddy so ... we just work hard not to stay up too late or do too much stuff that makes them nervous ... (like the computer -- go figure ~shrugs~). It's not easy seeing my daddy now ... it always makes me sad ... but I am glad too that I have a chance to love on him and sit and hang out with him ... which I didn't get much chance to do in times past.

Blah ... I'm just rambling tonight. Maybe because Rich is sitting here rubbing my back and it feels so good ... I just keep typing nonesense so he won't stop! ~grins~ I'll close for now ... we have a busy day tommorrow with team meetings and general staff in the morning soooo ... I reckon I need extra beauty sleep!

Love you guys!

No comments: