Sunday, April 22, 2007

Amazing God ...

From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and
You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
You are amazing God
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and
You know them by name.
You are amazing God
Incomparable, unchangeable
You see the depths of my heart and
You love me the same
You are amazing God
You are amazing God

-Chris Tomlin

You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same ...

Tonight Exit Rite came to church to lead worship for the kids and they sang this song. It's not the first time I heard it but tonight when I heard that phrase ... You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same ... I broke down in tears. It just really hit me that nothing I've done has escaped my Father's gaze. Nothing I've felt in my heart has been a mystery or a suprise to Him ... AND HE LOVES ME THE SAME! He loves me the same then as He does now.

I don't mean to say that He approves of the sin in our lives but the fact (yes I've heard this a million times before but hearing it and realizing it are often two very different things) that He LOVES me the same ... regardless of where I am ... it astounds me.

The other day I was on the phone with Hoddie talking about a struggle I was having over how to let some things go and she prayed for me ... when she started praying Psalm 139 I was dumbstruck ... it was like I heard the words for the first time as she prayed them and I realized then too a glimpse of His message to me ...

if I make my bed in the depths, you are there ...

if I say surely the darkness will hide me and light become night around me, even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for the darkness is as light to you.

Yes I've heard it, I've read it, I've said it to other people but it's dawning on me now in a new way ... in a way that is humbling and comforting and astounding all at the same time.

He sees ... He has always seen ... and He loves me the same ... it's never changed ...

3 comments:

Hbomb said...

I heard it said this weekend. God made peace with man through the cross, but it's our choice whether we make peace with God. The truth is it was settled in heaven at the cross, but settling it in our hearts, especially our hearts that have been riddled with religion, is a much harder thing. Love ya girl

John F said...

Take off the grave clothes... He wants the very best for His kids. The question is whether we will receive from Him. There is something inside you "C" that the enemy cannot destroy. God has protected that seed and He is bringing it to maturity. You will cut off the head of the oppressor.

Unknown said...

It was a very good group that came and sang for us... and yes it is true... He has always seen, and He always knows where we are. Nothing is hidden from Him. But that also means... we need not be anything but who we really are. He will meet us just as we are... and love us in that place. There is no need to hide behind fig leaves, clothes, false promises, happiness when we are really angry or anything else that would keep us from being real with God.

I am so proud to call you mine. I am glad to see the things you are allowing God to do in you again. You are a powerful woman of God.. why do you think the enemy persues you so hard?