Thursday, March 8, 2007

Just ... WOW

Timing is such an interesting thing ... it's so easy to write off as random or chance that which is honestly very God ordained! Reading about J and Hbombs situation ... I find myself again humbled. What a tremendous job and responsibility being a parent is. What a glorious thing when a child has Christian parents.

Yes I know our goal is that our children won't sin ... but in this world ... filled with fallen man and a very sinful condition ... just as it's important to hope and pray and teach so that they won't sin or fall ... I think it's JUST as important to teach them how to cover from falling ... how to shake off the sin that so easily besets us. We have to equip today's young people not only with the guide and compass for right decisions, but the model of how to recover from wrong decisions. I have so much respect for J & H's approach to their situation. It was brave, unflinching, and it was instructive. They gave their son something very very imporant ... they gave Him godly instruction and modeled Godly sorrow and repentence WITH him.

Rich and I are going to be leaving work for a few days to head to Raleigh. Mama called last night and just kept saying, "Can you come this weekend" ... soo we decided to appeal to work to be allowed to leave for a few days. We will be leaving this afternoon and returning Sunday afternoon. I am really thankful that we are being given the time to go. I feel like Mama really needs us.

This time I am determined to pack the camera and not hide from it either! *L*. I am taking my sumi-e painting in hopes that Mama and I can work on some together. I think she might end up getting into it! She is such an amazing artist anyways. At the least, it will be something for her and I to do together! Daddy didn't recognize my voice when I called yesturday.

Hoddie, as for the Group link to the Potter's hands ... look over on the left side of my page here under links ... there is a link already set up for it ... click the link, then request to join please! Both you and J ... I'll call you tonight or tommorrow!

No comments: