Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Cubbie

It's funny how God works ... how for so long you can forget something or just let it sit in the back of your mind ... and then God once again brings it right in your face and reminds you ... His gifts are important. His gifts aren't fleeting.

I got another gift last night ... I got to speak with my old dear friend Cubbie. It was so amazing to talk to Him. To hear that He's a FATHER! And to hear the happiness in His voice with His beautiful wife and family. It made me smile ... and cry ... with joy for Him and with joy for all of us ... to get to hear His -voice- again. He's so grown though! *L* ...

And then this morning as I was cruising around after putting away the groceries for the cottage and I saw His comment to J and then got to His blog ... I had to laugh. Just sit down and cry and laugh because that sense of humor that was always so beautiful ... was just right there in His links section ... . And as I laughed and laughed ... I read what He wrote about our call last night ... and His comment that we never really parted ... and now I'm crying again with the truth of that statement.

I am thankful today ... really really thankful. For my friend Cubbie, His beautiful family ... and for the ties that only God could forge that could bind all of us ornery people together for so many many years.

love to You and the family Cubbie ... they are so beautiful!

C

3 comments:

Hbomb said...

You amaze me! How do you do it? In a matter of a few days you have reconnected half of the old gang! You sell yourself so short. You don't know what this has meant to me personally, what an encouragement it has been! Thanks!!

Kevin Thomasson said...

Thanks for the great blog. Christina loved it as well. Can't wait to see everyone again. Keep up the blogs as well. We can really keep up with everyone if all of us blog and share our heart.

Jan said...

I want to talk to you! I have a vonage number... NC number... 704-500-2526. Please call me!