Thursday, June 28, 2007

Woot Sox!

~laughing~ Ok ... Dan got it right ... it's music that is traditionally tied to the RedSox. Last night while RJ was too sick to move, we watched Fever Pitch on HBO. In short it's about a RedSox obsessed man who has to decide what is really important in life. It's a really cute movie but I think RJ and I enjoyed it most because our very close friends here in T'ville, Dan and Molly are die hard Rox Sox fans.

Okay, okay ... they aren't as die hard as the guy in the movie but they are very loyal. And I confess ... I just haven't -gotten- it until last night. They speak about the Red Sox and seeing a home game in Fenway Park -- Molly still has that Boston accent when she says it so it's Paak with no r. I just always nod and listen politely but I think ... while I wasn't looking ... that they've infected me! ~laughing~

Of course I've always been a huge football fan and fondly recall all of our outtings to see the Mountaineers play all over the place (remember West Virginia anyone???) but I confess, I've NEVER been to a major league or even a college baseball game. No home town minor league games. Zero ... zip ... zilch. But ... I am feeling this longing growing in my heart to see a game in Fenway Park of the Red Sox. It's kinda funny really but I found myself watching the movie and thinking about the way Dan and Molly's faces light up when they talk about Fenway Park and Boston and the Red Sox and I just ... want to go now. It's an historical experience and I've already found myself looking at silly Fenway Park trivia online so that I'd be prepared if we ever get to go.

It seems that we need to make a decision to at least go next year because it's not for certain how much longer the originial Fenway Park will be used before they knuckle under and build a new venue for them. Of course ... Dan and Molly can discuss this at great length - I've seen them ~grins~ ... but I definitely want to go to get the whole flavor of that great American pasttime. It appears to be WAY more than a baseball game and much of a life experience!

We may have a chance to go up to Boston in the fall and I am excited about that. I've never been and it's always been a city that really interests me. Of course ... in the fall there won't be any games for the Sox but ... it would be a great time with Dan and Molly to show us around, I am sure.

So enjoy the ode to the Sox music a little longer ... til I find my next source of inspiration!

bright blessings ya'll!

2 comments:

Hbomb said...

I'm afraid the only way I'd get to Fenway Park is for Caleb to be playing there...I love football, but baseball moves far too slow for me. I quickly loose interest. I struggle to sit through my son's baseball games.

Reed Thomas said...

Oh my God, I am going to Boston next summer for a wedding. Should I get tickets now? Honestly, I had never considered going to a game... silly me. The fact that there are so many OTHER THINGS to do and see in Boston, Fenway Paak never occurred to me. Other than a drive by "oooohhh ahhh". Perhaps I should rearrange all of my plans - wink -.