Monday, June 11, 2007

It's Done ...

So ... it's done. The pinkness is gone ... and I'm bald. I can't begin to describe the chorus of emotions that are clamouring inside of me. I can't explain how exposed I feel ... how naked ... how ugly actually.

I can't take it back though ... so I find a way now to mush forward. It's been far more of a sacrifice than I thought. Far more. It was a good week though ... lots of fun with friends ... so much goofing around and joking that tonight was all the more shocking I guess, in it's stark anti-climatic finish. Zip ... it's gone. No novelty ... nothing to deflect the shock ... just ... nothing. ~soft smile~

I'm sure I'll finish my crying by the end of the week ... and it's certainly pushing me to find perspective. There are so many more important things in the world than hair right? So many more crucial things that how someone looks. I am guessing it's easier somehow when a really gorgeous person shaves their hair ... because they still have lots of physical bonuses ... I however am not loaded with physical bonuses to compensate ... yeah ... tough night.

Two last pictures of the pink mohawk crew ... for posterity ...


7 comments:

John F said...

So are you coming back blond or your darker natural color??? And who says you don't have beautiful physical attributes. I know RJ doesn't believe that and neither do I.

MUSA OUT!

Hbomb said...

I actually thought you looked REALLY cool (and I'm not just saying that). Now, if I were to go bald, I am certain I wouldn't look nearly as cool as you! I think it rocks. Enjoy being able to get ready as quickly as your husband for a while. Love ya girl.

Kevin Thomasson said...

When I was in highschool a buddy of mine had a saying that if a woman looked good bald she was a true beauty. You are a true beauty. I actually was sitting here saying, "Wow she actually looks good." I wasn't too sure when you said you were going to cut it all off but know that I see it, it is too cool.
Love ya sis.

Hbomb said...

OK, C, don't kill me but I linked you to my post 8 Juicy Things about me, just go to my blog and read it to figure it out...don't kill me, just blame Sarah. It's all her fault (lol).

John F said...

Looking at you with the bald head immediately makes me want to give you a lollipop and utter the words: "Who loves you baby!!!

Kojak had nothing on you C!

Unknown said...

John is right babe! I definitely do not believe it! I think you carry it very well and as always I love you. I am so proud of you for demonstrating such courage and compassion through this. It has been hard on you, but I am still the luckiest man alive to have you!

Dan said...

Now that is a motley crew! I loved every minute of it and appreciate you allowing me to be your personal barber. Pinkhawk, Icehawk, and Incredihawk rule together forever.