Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A rainy day at the beach ...

is better than ANY day at work, according to my brother Paul. ~laughs~

We've had some rain and some sun on day one here at Atlantic Beach so I guess I really can't complain! It's a glorious late afternoon outside right now and I'm just chillin with my Daddy and Mama. I just got finished showing Mama every's blogs and she loved getting to see the pictures of everyone.

Daddy is getting more and more quiet with each time that I see him. He seems to be in good spirits but is so confused alot of the time ... that really stinks. I wish there were something that I could do for him but right now ... all I can do is love on him and shed my tears in private. It's so insane ... watching someone just slip away.

I haven't had a chance to really gather my thoughts together for any real meaningful post ... yeah yeah ... I know ... what a shocker. BUT I have to say that Cubby's series on Egypt has had my in tears so badly that I've yet to finish a post. Every sentence is like a sledge hammer to me ... and I know that I have to sit down and face it ... and really examine what the Lord is showing to me ... but have you ever just had those times when things hurt so bad when you look them full in the face that you'd RATHER see through a glass darkly? If so ... welcome to my world!

I love you guys ... I love the presence of you in my life ... even know after all this time ... I realize ... there is no time or distance in the true meaning of the word friend ... and FAMILY.

3 comments:

Hbomb said...

I can't wait to see you this weekend! My plan is to get everything done ahead of time so we can hang out, have fun, and maybe go see the house. Love ya girl.

Reed Thomas said...

I know how you feel. We all do. Please keep in mind that when you look Jesus full in the face, it is the face of a friend. He called you "friend" first and steadfastly refuses to back away from it.

Kim's Hotrod said...

Caroline, Kim and I can certainly sympathize with you regarding your dad.

Currently in our family:
-My dad has muscular dystrophy
-Kim's stepdad has an incurable brain cancer.
-Kim's grandfather has dementia and is in an ALF.
-Kim's grandmother's MS has flared up again.
-Her GM's husband is probably days away from dying of cancer, which he discovered less than two months ago.
-My aunt, who already is taking care of her 20 year daughter with cerebral palsy, had a stroke.

This list was not meant as something I'm bragging about or trying to drum up sympathy for. I'm simply saying we understand about watching the normal turn into chaos around us.

Life can be hard, can't it? Hang in there and keep shedding tears when you need to.

Forget the dark glass - I choose blinders most days. ;-)