Friday, May 11, 2007

A few words to my fellow Warriors ...

Hoddie, if ever there was a gift in my life that I didn't deserve ... besides RJ ... it's you. You have the spirit of a LION and I can never EVER EVER thank You enough for everything that you've given to me. You have a tenacity that calls to my own spirit and makes it impossible to forget who I'm meant to be ... I love you for not flinching ... for not falling back ... for never EVER failing to jump into the fray with me. You are the Jesus with skin to me that will NOT let me quit even when everything in me screams to give up. I could not possibly love you more!

J., You and Cubbie have always been the Warriors of my own heart in so many ways. I thank God for you my Mighty in Battle Brother. You have no idea what the love and support of your family has meant to me and You have no idea what YOUR own never say die spirit has inspired in my own. When I pray for you these days ... I have this very vivid image of you in full battle armour ... sweating ... dirty ... a bit breathless ... but ever on point ... your sword in hand ... ready ... . I remember one time you telling me that you will do whatever you have to do to protect your family and that I was included in that family ... and I feel the prayers of your Warrior spirit and I know that you've come to feel again that fire and passion and steel determination that is YOU. I am proud of you my precious friend and Brother. I respect you ... more than you know.

Cubbie ... lately you've been drilling me so hard I've been dumb and speechless. I can't express to you how profoundly God is using you in my life ... how much you are His mouthpiece to me as I struggle through some of the hardest stuff in my life. Stuff you and I haven't talked about ... I know you have no idea ... which tells me more than anything that Holy Spirit is using you in a mighty way. J and I laughed about it today ... how on point you've been. I didn't realize until recently how much I have needed you in my life still Cubbie and how thankful I am that God is so faithful to bring us to the place we need to be in ... whenever we are ready to hear Him. I hear Him in you ... and I love you both for the speaking!

Reed ... like water to a thirsty soul ... you have NO idea how your words have given me life lately. The first time you posted to my blog I had been looking for you on the net ... I was unable to find you but ... funny ... Daddy God had other plans. How I long to sit across from you with a cup of coffee or a mountain dew and some sunflower seeds and just pour my heart out ... because you ... how do I explain ... ? It feels like Daddy God is speaking to me himself with loving mercy and grace when I read your words. I can't explain it but everytime I read a post from you ... to anyone ... my eyes fill with tears and I can't seem to contain them. I still need you in my life ... probably more than I needed all those challenging intellectual debates of the past ... . You have a profound gentleness and wisdom in your words my friend ... I beg you to never forget that balm that a few words from you might be to a thirsty, hurting soul.

Rodney ... isn't it funny that sometimes God's gifts come to us in the most unusual ways. I feel like God has given me a new gift ... in your words to me. You have been more encouraging and comforting to me in a very difficult time than you can begin to imagine. YOU remind me that God still loves me enough to bring not only old friends into my path but to also give new voices to challenge and lovingly guide me along. I can never thank you properly ... but please know that your words are like gold to me ... precious and treasured.

Jan and Greg ... You remind me daily of the love and mercy and grace of God. I can't tell you how good it has been to see the pictures of your family and read about how your life is. It blesses me ... it makes me grateful ... that you still love me ... thank you.

I am humbled ... and thankful tonight ...

3 comments:

Kim's Hotrod said...

Wow! I'm honored that you would consider me a friend. I really mean that. We all like being friends with the strong and powerful. But being a friend to the wounded (we all are wounded, but not all of us will admit it) is, to me, a very tangible way of being the body of Christ. Not that we desire to remain wounded, in the "misery loves company" state. But rather, seeing our friends carrying too much baggage, and us offering to help carry their load. Know what I mean?

Jan said...

My sweet friend... I have lots and lots of good memories about you, and I also am reminded of God's grace and mercy when I see your blog. I am so happy to see you with a husband who loves you and stands firm on the Rock with you. God has pulled us out of the pit, hasn't he??? I look forward to sitting with you one day soon and sharing with you all that God has done in us in the years since we have been together. He is mighty to save...

Kevin Thomasson said...

What is there to say? I'm humbled that someone with such wisdom finds anything I say worth consideration. Thanks C.