Monday, July 23, 2007

Just a glimpse



So I'm still working on coming to terms with the new hair do thingie ... ~laughs~ Sometimes I'm ok with it and sometimes I'm thinking ... what have I done to myself. I've not come as far as I'd like in the self esteem department and believe me ... not having any hair as a woman is SOMETHING to overcome all by itself.


The strangest thing is ... I hate the feeling and I look at pictures and think ... "who is that woman" but other people CONSTANTLY tell me that I should keep it cut really short. I am thinking to myself ... "what in the world is wrong with you people???" It just doesn't feel like me yet but I have a feeling that by the time it DOES feel like me ... it will have grown out tremendously!


In the meantime ... I just remind myself how short my showers are and how much money I am saving on expensive shampoo and conditioner. ~laughing~ I have never been one to be overly fixated on looks ... maybe because I've never felt like I had anything much to offer in the looks department but boy let me tell you ... vanity takes on a whole new perspective when you are trying real hard not to look like you are batting for the -other team- so to speak. I find myself wearing much more feminine things ... less bulky t'shirts and more makeup and jewlery just so I won't be mistaken for some boy or some well ... *coughs* you know.

It's all been an adventure of sorts and I've been blessed with many affirming friends so I am very thankful! It's been a busy few weeks here at the house but I am hoping that things will settle down soon. We can't keep this all night long every night pace up forever, to be sure! We go back to work on Tuesday and I am sure it's going to be some more adjustments there as we got new boys in during the last week while we've been off.

You guys please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We love you all very much and miss you more than you can imagine. Soon guys ... we have to stop talking and start really planning to get together. I need dates ... I can make the arrangements but you guys need to start giving me real dates that you can get together so we can make this happen! We have access to the mountain home in Black Mountain, right outside of Asheville for mega cheap - $200 a week total with sleeping facilities for 19 and a kitchen to cook all our meals in. It has a huge back screened and glassed in porch with windows that open out the entire length and sides of it. It's a fantastic place with great location and enough solitude to really enjoy yourself. Alternatively ... we can always go the beach route and I can look into getting a place during the fall when the rent is cheaper for a week down there should everyone's schedule permit. Just let me know so I can get to working on it.

7 comments:

Hbomb said...

I actually am going to side with your many friends that you think are crazy...I love the new you. You look amazing!
In terms of getting together, the fall is going to be hard for us with Caleb's football schedule and Johnny's coaching schedule, not to mention Kennedy is going to be in company (we think,this year if she can raise enough money)in dance and will be ministering once a month.
I should have all of those schedules by the middle of August and we can look at giving you dates then.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I promise if I could get away with it and look as good as you do with short hair -- I probably would. But my mom got me the dorothy Hammel cut when I was about 9 and I made a solemn vow I would never do it ( short hair ) again. I envy your short showers! LOL
but SERIOUSLY you look Beautiful. your new default for your myspace is gorgeous.

As for dates u have an idea of when Dan is off cuz ya'll work same schedule. We are going to the weddingin Mass at the end of October. We have destiny's baptism in August other than that...

John F said...

I would never mistake you for batting for the other team. LOL!!!

Kevin Thomasson said...

What team?!?! What are you talking about?!?! Have you taken up sports?

Anyway, we are headed up the mountains this fall. Let me know if we need to pick you and RJ up on the way. Either Oct. or first of Nov. That's our only plans.
Let me know what dates work for everyone.

Love the new look!!

Reed Thomas said...

Where else would a bunch of Appies go other than the mountains. We have just about finished our basement "suite" for anyone who is looking for some quality chill time. The fall is going to be full for us. Kids sports, music, etc. and I will be teaching 2 classes at App. October should be pretty open for us. I think Greg and Jan should be due for a stateside jaunt around that time. Here is another idea - the Renaissance Festival in Concord. It would be a bit more centralized location for the NC crowd for late Oct - early Nov. Just a thought!

Anonymous said...

I miss you sooooo much!!! I don't know how else to contact you because when i e- mail you it sends my mail back. oh my goodness you look so stink'in good. i really like your hair and i want to do the same thing but no one will let me- my family doesn't think i'd actually do it anyway but i think i would. I love you and have to find a way to see you! Please tell everybody else I said i love and miss them.
mo

Jan said...

I think you look smashing, dahling!

We will be stateside at the end of October... would love to see everyone!