Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's all good!

WOW ... I've been so busy lately that I am totally slacking in blog land. Kinda selfish of me in the sense that I feel deprived if you guys don't blog every day ... not that I assume that you're reading MY blog every day ... but I can't demand more than I'm willing to give ... right? ~grins~

Anyways ... we've had a great last few weeks ... a challenging but promising group of boys at the cottage ... a fantastic house guest and spades so hard core that someone might get a contusion one of these nights in the heat of the battle! ~laughing~ We've had some of our old residents come back to visit ... one of our cat's fathers on an extended visit ... more old friends coming this weekend ... a room to paint ... lots of socializing to do ... church ... jujitsu ... and did I mention spades?

In the midst of it all ... of the goodness and the blessed reprieve from my own desert slough ... I did find myself this morning with an I wish list. Not that I'm discontent ... just that I have a few longings that I really hope get fulfilled ... I'd like to think that doesn't mean I'm greedy! ~winks~

My wish list ...

*Reaffirming our wedding vows on our 10th anniversary in December with the Rev. Kevin Thomasson officiating and just our friends present ...

*One long balmy but not hot night on a porch (beach or mountains) with one pipe, two double old fashioned glasses, one bottle of Caol Ila, plenty of 7-up on ice, a pack of Nat Sherman's, some good Scots-Irish music, and conversation with my friend Reed Thomas ... I don't think there is anyone I'd enjoy that time with more ...

*One really balls-to-the-wall Boston trip with Molly and Dan and RJ complete with Fenway Park, a dip in the north Atlantic ... and all the other trimmings ...

*One weekend getaway for just the girls with Jan, Helen, Dar, Cindy, and Julie ... no kids and enough cash to do some impulse spending!

*An endless supply of Brouwerij Westvleteren (Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren), a beach house, one long weekend, great deck chairs, and Greg and Dan to discuss the finner points of BEER while I just sit at the feet of the Masters and take notes ~laughing~ I can not imagine what the two of them could unearth about beer, life, and quantum physics ...

*A missions trip to Asia with RJ, John & Helen, Dan & Molly, Greg & Jan, Andrew & Dar, Kevin & Christina, Kevin & Bond, Brian & Ashely (RJ's jujitsu sensei & his wife), Shane & Rachel, Rodney & Kim, and Reed & Tab ... I can NOT imagine what an amazing time that would be!

*An afternoon spying on John, Kevin, Reed, Rodney, and Andrew with their kids at the park ... with NO wives present ... ~laughing~ This image just cracks me up for some reason!

*A Shama Shama throw down night of prayer, praise, and ministry with all of the above mentioned folks ... plus THE RICKY, Nick, Monique, Baily, Caleb, and any of the other kids who can stay up that long!

These are just a few ... and I will note that I exercised CONSIDERABLE restraint in not listing Starbucks in any of my wishes *grins* ...

Anyways ... anyone else have a few to add?

8 comments:

Kim's Hotrod said...

That's a most excellent list you have there. Last week on my trip to Seattle, we visited many local restaurant/breweries during the evenings. I'm not a beer drinker, but I wish I had been on that trip. I got turned off to beer at a young age, and I've never been turned on to it. But one day I am going to take Reed's advice and sit down with a nice honey ale and give it a shot.

Also, anybody who quotes Mark Twain is most highly thought of in my book. I consider him to be America's greatest author.

Anonymous said...

OMG thats perhaps the best blog I've read in a while you have me hooked how do I invite others to view my blog...>????
Like a my spcae bulliten but not of course cuz this is soooooooo much better
loved the balls to the wall comment.
R we invited to the mountains? I can bring some scot irish music ( nothing youve heard b4- promise) and of course I could bring a pipe for rich's birthday gift.. ( i don't remember the name of the pipe tobacco just that it had New england and Jamacian rum in it. Well I have been posting like a mad woman -- come read my stuff. I alsio have new myspace pics.

John F said...

Man I miss playing spades.... Great post!!!

MUSA OUT!

Hbomb said...

Doubled over laughing...the mental picture of all those guys in the park with the kids is just too much to take!

Kevin Thomasson said...

I'm in for the December date.
I'll bring music too; Moya Brennan, Loreena Mckennitt and Iona.
Single Malt anything.

I want a beach house will all of us, a bible, and a guitar.

Great list c.

Reed Thomas said...

Ah, sis you bring some tears to me eyes. I am all for a bit of time with everyone mentioned. I'll even do you better than starbucks with some real fresh roasted coffee. Single Malt, dark brew, a pipe, guitars, drums, and priceless conversations.... Talk is cheap, so when are we going to do this?

Unknown said...

Wow, I want to do all of those things as well. I really would love to see all the men get together and take the heavenlies by storm in a no holds bar prayer warrior throw down. I really do want to go to Fenway Park now that
Dan & Molly have shown us how much of an experience it is. I would love to go on a missions trip to Asia, and I have always wanted to visit Spain and England as well. Australia too while I am at it. Mostly I just miss our good friends and really want to get together and have good times. Great post!

Jan said...

Yes, you made me get a little teary too! ;)

We can't forget Bryant Noles for the shama shama night! And Dar must bring out another newsletter this time!!